The Rhopoint IQ measures not only gloss but also other image quality parameters such as DOI and RSPEC , it is the only handheld instrument that profiles how light is reflected from a surface.
Standard glossmeters only measure how much light is reflected and are not sensitive to effects which dramatically reduce appearance quality such as; orange peel and polishing marks which distort reflections in a surface, seriously reducing visual appearance but cannot be measured with traditional glossmeter.
- DOI / RIQ Meter, ( quantifies orange peel )
- Measures RSPEC
- 20° glossmeter for high gloss finishes
In a single fast measurement, the Rhopoint IQ captures information about the gloss and texture of a sample surface.
Combined gloss and orange peel (DOI/RIQ values) information have made the IQ essential for controlling appearance finish in the paints and coatings sector, particularly for high tech., automotive and aerospace coatings.
Rhopoint IQ Operation:
- Full color display
- Auto-rotating measurement screen
- Adjustable brightness
- Quick efficient interface
Rhopoint IQ Measurement:
- Single button push to measure all parameters
- Fast measurement
- Results can be instantly transmitted to any PC package such as Excel, Word, SPC programs etc.
Rhopoint IQ Statistical:
- Max, min, mean, SD
- All measured parameters
Rhopoint IQ Graphical:
- Trend analysis of all measured values
- Gloss, RSPEC and DOI values